Monday, May 2, 2011

Maternity Clothes

Aaahhhhh!!

Over the weekend I finally caved.  It was getting far too difficult to get into my favorite jeans (really, the only ones that would fit my ever-expanding midsection) and I was finally coming to terms with the fact that I may never fit into anything in my closet again for a long while.

So I dragged Matt with me to Target to pick up a few staple maternity items.  After an hour or so of him standing awkwardly in the aisle by the maternity section with a shopping cart containing cat litter, light bulbs, and chewing gum, I tossed in a couple maternity shirts, a pair of maternity jeans, leggings, and a maxi dress.  I'll admit that I didn't completely enjoy my shopping experience (the dressing room was so hot I wanted to die and everything that fit was 1 or 2 sizes larger than I am used to wearing which was a little depressing) but I'll also admit that maternity clothes are SO much more comfortable than I thought!  Yeah, so you have to get over the fact that the giant elastic band at the top of the pants makes you feel a little like your jolly old grandfather who liked to pull his polyesters all the way up to his armpits.  But the wonderful thing is that it allows full relaxation and expansion of your belly -- which I fully intend to take advantage of.  No more sucking in and buttoning!

I am starting to get a little round.  I will be getting rounder.  I am so thankful for elastic.

QUESTION
I was eyeing the belly bands at the store and wonder if they are comfortable?  It would be great if they work because I would love to still wear some of my favorite jeans.  Have any of you tried them?

~ Tam

1 comment:

  1. I owned one, although it was before Target had them - I had to buy the original brand (Bella I think?). I didn't get it until later in pregnancy, but it was handy with shirts that weren't as long as I'd like (or when my belly was so huge nothing was long enough). Just made me more comfortable that I wasn't exposing skin. :) But it's a good idea for holding up your jeans when you can't button/zip them! I just fell in love with the comfy elastic waist and didn't care anymore. Oh, just a note - some maternity pants come with a "full panel" - or an elastic band that basically covers your entire belly. I hated those! The top never stayed right on my belly! So beware - you may like them but I preferred the elastic that went around lower or mid-tummy.

    ReplyDelete