Wednesday, May 18, 2011

17 Weeks

Dear Blueberry,

Today you are 17 weeks old. Supposedly, you are the size of a turnip already! All the baby books seem to compare your growth size to a fruit or a vegetable of some kind and it's the primary reason we've been calling you The Blueberry for the last 11 weeks. When we first discovered that I was pregnant, we immediately ordered  baby and pregnancy books. We were so excited! And we wanted to make sure we knew what we were supposed to be doing to make sure you were taken care of while you hang out in my belly. We discovered that we were 6 weeks along and the first book we read said that you were the size of a blueberry. Everyday, your daddy would come home from work and ask me, "How's the Blueberry?" The nickname stuck.  :)

So even though you are now the size of a turnip, we still like to refer to you fondly as The Blueberry. You're growing like you're supposed to and Dr. Callen (our OBGYN) referred to you as a "textbook pregnancy" yesterday. It's been smooth sailing so far and I've enjoyed eating like a horse. Thank you for that! We just can't wait for you to get here!  :)

Love,
Mommy

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love this!! I never understood the food comparisons either. I couldn't tell you a normal size of a turnip!!

    ReplyDelete