Wednesday, May 11, 2011

16 Weeks, 10 lbs, and Mother's Day!

I received a lot of "Happy Mother's Day!" wishes over the weekend and that was fun.  I hardly consider myself a mother just yet...  merely a vessel for the last 16 weeks.  But it was sweet of friends and family to consider me worthy of such well wishes.  Thank you!  :)

We spent Mother's Day weekend in Ft. Collins with Matt's mom, Debbie (very happy grandmother-to-be), which has become an annual tradition.  Matt has been traveling to Ft. Collins from wherever he currently lives -- whether near or far -- for many years now.  This was my third year.  Next year will be baby's first.  Usually, we re-plant her flower beds and do a lot of other yard work.  This year, Matt mainly tackled household maintenance (installed a new garbage disposal, cleaned the gutters, cleaned the garage, installed the window A/C unit, fixed up the computer, etc.) and got the house in tip-top condition for his mother.  I was able to install a new sprinkler timer since it involved no heavy lifting or huge amount of energy and then I did a lot of supervising.  :)  Amidst all the work on the list, we also were able to fit in a family dinner in and a Mother's Day brunch out.  It was a great weekend!

I've always admired and loved Matt for his annual Mother's Day tradition.  It is an incredibly sweet thing to do for Debbie every year and I cannot think of a better Mother's Day gift a mother could receive from her child.  He does it not because he is asked, but because he wants to and looks forward to it every year.  I hope The Blueberry (baby's nickname that I'll explain in a later post for those who don't know) turns out like my husband.  I hope he/she is a good kid who loves his/her mother.  It sure will make all this weight gain (almost 10 lbs so far!), gas, & discomfort worth it!  :)

QUESTION
Did you have a good Mother's Day?  What did you do?  What did your kids do for you?  I hope all you mothers out there had a good Mother's Day!

~ Tam

No comments:

Post a Comment