Friday, October 26, 2012

Duncan: 12 Months Old

"12" onesie made by: Auntie Heather

Yay!! We did it! We survived our first year as parents!

Duncan turned 1 year old on October 12th. It's been the most amazing year of our lives. I truly can't believe he's a year old already! Where did the time go? How my little peanut has grown from this tiny, precious, newborn chunk of pure joy:


He's given us a run for our money over the last 12 months and believe it or not, we wouldn't trade a single minute of it. There were many long days and nights of sitting on the yoga ball, trying to calm the angry screaming, constantly being covered in spit-up... But a year later, with all that behind us, he is still our little chunk of pure joy. :)


I have so loved doing these monthly onesie photo shoots with him. I wasn't sure I would be able to do it with my very limited photography skills, but I am so happy that we have this precious photo record of his first year. It has been so fun to remember each person who made that month's onesie and how much fun we all had making them at my baby shower. This may be my all-time favorite of Heather's endless cache of awesome ideas.



This month, since he's such a big boy now, I decided to comb his hair for his onesie shoot and I have to say that I think he is absolutely ADORABLE with a groomed head of hair. :) His daddy prefers the more natural, crazy-haired Duncan look but he wasn't home at the time so I get free reign. I think his Daddy was quite perturbed that I parted the poor kid's hair to the side and made him look like a middle-aged accountant, but I just couldn't resist. LOL


Duncan at 1 year old:
-  He officially weighs 23 lbs 5oz, is 31" long, and has a 48.2 cm head
    circumference. He's a big boy!
-  He's still crawling at light speed & is a master at cruising. He's not
    quite ready to walk just yet it seems. He'll stand for short periods
    of time, but he just doesn't want to take any steps. :)
-  He loves going to the playground & playing with all the toys there
    that have wheels. He's not a big fan of the swings.
-  He loves to play chase. He'll chase us around or will get us to chase
    him around the room while he giggles like crazy. :)
-  He knows all of his toys' names and will go get them when we ask
    but no real words coming from him yet! He'll also grab specific
    books that we ask for, too. :)
-  He says "Da Da" when we ask him to sometimes, but he doesn't
    actually call his Daddy "Da Da" ever. lol
-  He likes to repeat sounds that we make. He can make elephant
    sounds and "vroom, vroom" sounds for his cars. Today, I got him
    to say "Baaa!" when I ask him what a sheep says. :)
-  He's such a good eater. He still eats like a horse and eats everything
    we give him to try. That sure makes it easy for us at mealtime!
-  He loves peanut butter! He also loves pineapple, thanks to Uncle. :)
-  Some of his favorite books right now are Corduroy, 123 San Francisco,
    Farm Animals, and Bad Dog, Marley.
-  He is VERY silly. He loves to play silly games and laugh at himself
    for the silliest of things. He's very fun to play with. :)
-  He is such a snuggle bug. It is the BEST!


It's probably a good thing that he's not walking yet, as this photo shoot was already amazingly difficult and required a LOT of impromptu distraction gimmicks. He is so squirrelly and sitting still in one spot for Mommy to take a million photos is a lot to ask these days. A handful of decent shots out of a hundred is deemed a success in my book! Haha!


Now that we've hit the 1 year mark, I'm going to be posting about every month as opposed to weekly. There will be plenty of photos, though, so don't feel cheated. :) Of course, should there be any huge milestones to document, I'll post it immediately. Until then, thanks for checking in on us every week for the past year and I hope you do come back so see more of this cute little face:


What an incredible year. I feel so blessed to have such a happy little family. Duncan is an absolute joy and Matt has been the most loving Dad and husband. I am so fortunate to have these two guys. They are the loves of my life. I can't wait to experience and capture so many more precious moments in the coming year. There is so much more fun to be had! See you soon!

Love,
Tam

3 comments:

  1. Miss you, little guy! Thanks for cooperating with Mommy for photos before you completely outgrew your onesie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We miss you, too, Heather! Sure could have used an extra hand to help with distracting the squirmy worm for these photos. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! and Happy Birthday Duncan (Oct.). Sorry so long away. Hope all is well. I am a Grandmother as of Jan 16th. Her name is Suzanne Nicole Harer. That's all I know. Can't see her for a month. Oh well.
    Love Donna

    ReplyDelete