Wednesday, July 20, 2011

26 weeks... and a Nursery update!

This 2nd trimester has been a breeze! I feel great, am eating happily, and am up to my eyeballs in nursery & baby shopping during the day while Baby is kicking and punching my insides quite often. I have to admit that it's pretty fun.  :)

These last few weeks have seen some progress in the "guest room-to-nursery" conversion that we've undertaken. We painted, ordered a crib & a dresser/changing table, the crib mattress is on its way, and I just ordered the glider & ottoman today! Can't wait for it to get here next week! I will be lounging in it A LOT!  :)




















So the crib & dresser we ordered turned out to be some unexpected drama: they were HUGE and they were HEAVY and we had to rent a pick-up from U-haul to get them home from Babies "R" Us. The dresser came fully assembled (did I mention it was HUGE and HEAVY?) and it was not fun to move up the scissor staircase. Matt had to recruit the help of our neighbor & his son-in-law to move it in and the 3 of them sure did some wrestling with it. It looked like a pain in the butt from where I stood (supervising with my hands on my hips). The crib was also a giant box but was a little lighter and less bulky. The crib required assembly on our part. Luckily, the instructions were easy enough and we got it put together in no time at all.

Even though all the furniture isn't here yet and the walls aren't decorated yet and the bedding isn't all there yet, I still love to walk into the nursery and admire it. We've worked hard and it's all coming together quite nicely. I couldn't be happier!  :)

~ Tam

2 comments:

  1. So pleased for you :)

    But… Isn't that *my* room???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry, Antony! When you come back to visit, there will be a guest room for you once again. So you best come back for a visit! :)

    ReplyDelete